So.. I hope the quarantine days are going well.
As we are all lock down, it’s a good time to invest in self care and look after yourself!
It’s important to rejuvenate our skin and hair at certain intervals of time. So we’ll address here some skin care and hair mask routine which can help you with the same.
- Skin care routine-
1.Coconut face mask- Coconut has several health benefits and none the less, it helps us with the skin as well. It’s good for dry and irritated skin. This is one super food that can solve all your skin problems in just one go. Overnight coconut oil application can reduce the inflammation and any kind of sun damage.
- Take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Gently massage in a circular motion before going to sleep.
- Wash it off the next morning with normal water.
2. Cucumber face mask- This ingredient helps in hydrating the skin. Also if you are looking to brighten up your skin, then this is the apt face mask. Cucumber mask can hydrate your skin while reducing any inflammation, sun burn, wrinkles.
- Extract some cucumber juice and apply it on face at bedtime.
- You can simple wash it off the next morning with a cleanser.
3. Aloevera mask- Aloe vera is a great ingredient. It can sooth your skin from any burning sensations. It is the simplest way for curing dark circles as well.
- Extract Aloe vera gel from a leaf.
- Mix a vitamin E capsule with the gel.
- Apply this all over your face in a circular motion.
- Wait till it gets dry and then rinse properly.
4. Sugar scrub- Sugar scrub is one mask that helps to remove the impurities. Also it helps to make the skin much more clearer.
- Take 1 tablespoon sugar along with 1 tablespoon honey with a pinch of lemon juice.
- Apply it over your face.
- Let it stand for sometime and then you can wash it off with the normal water.
5. Turmeric and lemon mask- Acne is a problem that most of us worry about. Turmeric is said to decrease the production of acne. It also helps with discoloration.
- Take approx 3 tablespoon turmeric.
- Add some water to it.
- Add 2 tablespoon lemon juice to the mixture above.
- Apply and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Wash it off after 5 minutes and rinse properly.
- Hair mask routine-
1.Banana, Almond and Argan oil mask: Banana provides a lot of potassium to your hair and on the other hand, argan oil makes the hair shiner, softer and silkier. This is good for the ones who have frizzy hair.
- Mash one small banana till it is smooth and creamy in the form of a paste.
- Take half spoon almond oil and argan oil. Mix them all and make a paste.
- Apply on hair from roots to tips.
- Cover the hair and scalp for 20 minutes and then you wash it.
2. Rosemary oil: It is one of the essential oils that is considered to promote growth of hair and reduces the chances of hair loss.
- Always add rosemary oil to the carrier oil.
- You can use it once in week.
- Apply it over the scalp and at the tip of the hair.
3. Honey and yogurt mask: Yogurt is full of protein and will help your hair to grow strong and healthy. It helps in clearing the dead skin cells and thus promotes the hair follicles to grow. Honey is an emollient which helps in softening and smoothing of hair.
- Take 2 tablespoon of yogurt with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Combine this together.
- Apply this mask over the hair and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash as normal.
4. Onion mask- Onion masks might not smell very good but the benefits are surely praiseworthy. This helps to enhance the blood flow to the cuticles.
- Blend few onions and squeeze out the juice.
- Apple the onion juice to your scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse with shampoo.
I hope this helps you all and do chose the mask according to your skin/hair type.