The Gastro Intestinal disorders:
The gastro-intestinal disorders are very popular now a days.
This is because of the changing lifestyle which has turned into a sedentary one. Therefore, poor diet and lifestyle modifications have led to many gastro-intestinal disorders.
The most common ones are Gastritis, GERD, Acidity, peptic ulcers, etc.
- Gastritis: It is defined as the inflammation of the lining of the stomach. It is of 2 types that is Acute and chronic. Acute gastritis may occur rapidly but the chronic gastritis may occur in a longer period of time.
- Acidity: It is basically the backflow of the gastric contents or the acid reflux in the esophagus which ends up giving a burning sensation, often called as heart burn.
- GERD: It refers to the Gastro Esophageal Reflux disease. It is a disorder which permits gastric contents to enter the esophagus. Symptoms include heartburn, regurgitation, dysphagia, etc.
- GERD is reported to be managed nutritionally by having aloe vera juice in the morning. Aloe vera juice reduces acid production and acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. Don’t drink aloevera juice if taking any laxatives as it contains anthraquinones.
- Fennel tea can help for the same as it treats indigestion, soothes acid reflux. One have fennel tea twice a day or just chew some fennel seeds. You can also soak it in a little water and then drink.
- Potato Juice are highly alkaline and act as an anti inflammatory agent. Wash and clean (leave the skin intact) and remove all the sprouting, buds or the green part. Add it to the juice and let it stand for 2-3 minutes, filter the residue but take only the liquid at the top. Don’t consume the white sediments at the bottom as it will worsen the condition.
- Papaya and Pineapple aids the digestion.
- Don’t have anything 3 hours prior to sleep.
- Avoid acidic foods such as citrus foods . Avoid caffeine, soda, spicy foods.
- Add a probiotic supplement to promote good bacteria in the gut.
- Lifestyle Modification such as have small and frequent meals. Adopt a healthy lifestyle rather than a sedentary lifestyle.