So.. Yes, whenever we have to shop for our grocery items, usually we end up having a lot more than we actually require.
We purchase more products and are not able to rationalize appropriately most often.
Here are some basic tips which you all can incorporate so that there is no stress anymore related to grocery shopping.
- Make a list of all the ingredients and products that you need in a week’s or 15 day’s time. You can always tick mark the options that you have purchased so that there is no more over purchasing or you don’t miss out on anything.
- If possible, make a week’s plan pre-hand of the cooking or eating routine so that you know how much to eat and what to purchase. This will help you to have a proper eating regimen and as well as it will cut onto over purchasing.
- Take a 5 minutes time to compare the food product’s nutritional value. Divide it into 3 sections- A section, have a look on the serving size. B section, Have a look on the nutrients, specially sugars coming from carbs so that you can chose wisely. Section C, Have a look at the ingredients. The first ingredient is the major constituent and the last one has the least amount. If a product is sugar free, then check the sugar alcohols.
- Opt for seasonal vegetables/fruits as they are fresh and even economical.
- Lastly, do carry a jute bag/or any other bag so that you can cut the usage of plastic. Be environmental friendly!