A HEALTHY RECIPE FOR ALL THE MOM’S WHO HAVE STRUGGLE IN CHOOSING WHAT TO EAT WHILE THEY ARE BREASTFEEDING.
Bottle gourd or lauki or dodhi, a term used differently among the different part of India.
It has a high water content which helps to energises and keeps one active throughout the day.
It aids in weight loss also as it is rich in fiber. Prevents constipation and has a cooling effect on the body.
- Peel and grate 1 lauki and add a pinch of salt.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes and then squeeze the water.
- In a bowl, add 1 cup grated lauki, 1/2 chopped coriander, 1tsp chilli powder, 1tsp cumin powder and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Now add finely chopped onions, salt, 1 cup wheat flour, 1 tbsp besan, 1 tsp oil and mix thoroughly.
- Add 1 cup curd in small quantities and mix thoroughly.
- Let the dough rest for 20 minutes.
- Apply minimum oil, make small balls and roll them into small rotis.
- Heat the tawa and cook the thepla.